Finding out the Best Grease for Heavy Equipment for your automobile isn’t an easy and pleasant task. But we made it look easier in our guide with the top 9 picks.
Does the squeaking sounds of metal components bother you? If it does, it’s time to repair them. Or if you don’t do that right now, it’ll be unusable, and you don’t want that.
In light of this, you should lube the gears, internal moving components, and chain as soon as you see any indications of it becoming unpleasantly smooth. Now the question is, how will you lubricate the components. Well, for that, you’ll need heavy equipment grease.
- John Deere Original Equipment Muliti-purpose Lithium Grease – PT507
- This can be used in: Disk Models: 140, 144, 160 and 165.
- Chain saws: 28, 30, 40V, 50, 55V, 60V, 70V and 80EV. Drill grains series: 450, 8000, 8250, 8100, 8200, 8300, 850, 900, 9400, 9450, BD1108, BD1110 and BD1113.
- 10-14oz tubes per pack
- premium, multipurpose automotive/truck chassis and bearing lithium complex grease
- Lithium Complex NLGI Grade #2
- Applicable in a variety of automotive and industrial uses requiring extreme pressure protection, oxidation, inhibition, water resistance, and anti-rust properties, including; disc brakes, wheel bearings, chassis, ball-joints, 5 wheels and others.
- Wolfs Head Red Grease is recommended for use in high-temperature, humidity, and water contamination applications such as mining, marine, and construction. This grease is also suitable for high speed bearings.
- For use in many agricultural, automotive, industrial and marine applications
- Smooth, tacky, red lithium complex grease fortified with anti-seize
- Great mechanical stability
- Rust and oxidation inhibitors
- Water resistant
- Excellent resistance to water, including spray off and wash out
- Outstanding extreme-pressure and antiwear protection
- Better stay-put properties at high temperatures
- Excellent resistance to rust and corrosion
- Lower maintenance costs and less unanticipated downtime
- Formulated to provide extreme pressure and high temperature protection
- Lubricates at temperatures ranging from 0°F to 375°F
- NLGI #2 Grade GC-LB Lithium Complex EP Grease
- Suitable for use where GM Part #1051344, Chrysler MS-3701 are recommended
There’re many types of heavy equipment grease, and having said that, if you’re a beginner, you’ll get confused easily. That’s why here’s the review of Best Heavy Equipment Grease so that you don’t need to do mind-scratching research again if you stay with us till the end.
1min Quick Overview
If you’re in a hurry, you may not have time to look at the characteristics of some heavy-duty grease in great detail. In a minute, you’ll be able to identify all of the heavy-duty greases.
- Extended Lifetime: Lucas 10005-30PK Red N’ Tacky Grease
“If you’re looking for the grease that can enhance the lifespan of the component, then choose Lucas 10005-30PK Red N’ Tacky Grease to have the best experience.”
- Best Versatile: Lucas X-tra Lithium Grease
“With different applications, the Lucas X-tra Lithium Grease fulfilled the purpose of being flexible in a fabulous manner.”
- Editors Choice: John Deere Original Equipment Grease
“The high performance and high quality make John Deere Original Equipment Grease an efficient grease for the professionals.”
- High Lubrication: Wolf’s Head Red Grease
“With high lubrication, High Lubrication: wolf’s head red grease will provide continuous work experience to complete a project without a pause.”
- Jam-Packed Features: Valvoline Multi-Vehicle High Temperature Red Grease
“With some extra benefits like heavy-duty, durability, longevity, you can achieve triple performance fromValvoline Multi-Vehicle High Temperature Red Grease.”
- Long lasting Effect: Liquid Wrench L616 White Lithium Grease
“With longlasting effect and well-balanced performance on the surface,Liquid Wrench L616 White Lithium Greaseworks perfectly for the users.”
- High Viscosity: Schaeffer’s 229 Ultra Red Supreme Moly Grease
“Achieve 100% incredible performance and service with high viscosity using Schaeffer’s 229 Ultra Red Supreme Moly Grease and get the maximum productivity.”
- Best Heavy-Duty Performance: MOBIL DELVAC XTREME GREASE
“Finish your lubricant task with heavy-dutyMOBIL DELVAC XTREME GREASE, and it’ll never fail to amaze you.”
- Best Corrosion Resistance: Mobilgrease XHP 222
“Extremely resistance to corrosion, you’ll get the ultimate performance from the Mobilgrease XHP 222.”
Best Grease For Heavy Equipment Reviewed
Concerned about the crowded market, we went deep down to find the best pieces. We chose the models below based on their performance, lifespan, durability, and other features—hopefully, one of these suits your tastes.
The first product on our list for heavy-duty equipment is the John Deere Original Equipment Grease. Whether it’s for your tractors, construction equipment, or lawnmowers, this all-in-one heavy-duty grease is the one you’re looking for!
As this grease can withstand high temperature and pressure, that’s why it’s suitable to use in heavy equipment like tractors, trucks, lawnmowers, and other ground types of equipment. Not to mention, you can use this grease for all types of vehicles.
Other than using heavy equipment, John Deere Original Equipment Grease is also proven worthy enough to be used in wheel bearings, universal joints, and other types of bearings.
Moreover, this grease is also National Lubricating Grease Institute (NLGI) grade 2 certified for its consistency and properties. Besides, as GB-LB designates it as heavy-duty and multifunctional, grease can be used both in chassis and joints and bearings.
Another thing to note is that this heavy-duty grease lasts longer than regular ones. So if you’re considering buying a heavy-duty grease for heavy-duty parts or equipment, this grease is highly recommended for you.
The bottom line is if you’re looking for a grade 2 certified heavy-duty grease for your tractors, trucks, or other heavy vehicles, this grease is perfect for you. They come in a pack of 2, 4, and even 6. So you can choose the package that suits your needs the best!
- Performance:High temperatures and pressure can provide almost frictionless service, protect the equipment from damage and high corrosion, and ultimately reduce the heat production in chambers.
- Protection:The grease is thick compared to other ones and provides multiple layers of protection to the parts.
- longevity/;This grease leaves a long lasting coat on the surface.
- No Other Equipment:This product comes with no other accessories like a gun.
The Grease is Good For
Get one from Jhon Deere grease if you want to enjoy the best performance from the air compressor.
Lucas X-tra Lithium Grease is the perfect choice of heavy equipment grease for anyone who has an automobile or farming vehicle. This is undoubtedly one of the best synthetic greases out in the market.
Due to its heavy-duty formula, this product is exceptionally beneficial to race car owners cause it can last up to four times better than the other synthetic grease.
However, the construction owner also benefits from the Lucas x-tra lithium grease as it doesn’t leak out even if the vehicle keeps working under the hot sun.
Heavy-duty grease Lucas can prevent rust and reduce friction which ultimately improves the performance of the vehicle. Moreover, using this product is definitely an easy task, and you can pump the exact amount of product you need as it comes with a simple applicator.
Another important feature of this product that attracts the customer a lot is its durability or longevity. However, this is 100% water resistant that’s it won’t wash away even if you’re driving in the rain.
Alongside that, this is temperature resistant too, and this is why the Lucas grease won’t melt or freeze on hot or cold days.
Last but not least, the versatility of the grease will draw your attention no matter what. Now you’re how this grease can be versatile? Well, you can use the Lucas grease even in the lawnmower if you want.
Why Do We Love It?
- Versatility:You can use this product on any surface that has metal-to-metal contact. Even this product can be used on off-road vehicles.
- Durability:The Lucas X-tra Lithium is an extremely durable product. It won’t melt or freeze easily.
- Easy Application:The grease has an amazing formula that is easy to apply and creates a robust bond.
- No Accessories:A lot of greases come with an extra tool like a gun but this one has no other equipment.
This Grease is Good For
If you’re looking for a versatile that can be beneficial for more than one surface, then this is the one you should go for.
Looking for a longlasting, heavy equipment grease? Then the liquid wrench L616 is the ultimate product you should try on.
This lithium grease comes in different sizes, so you have complete freedom to choose any of them. To be specific, there’re three sizes from 10.25 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz. And, regardless of the one you choose, you’ll have more than enough to complete numerous lubrication projects.
But that’s not enough on the top. It has a nozzle that can be used easily, or if you want, you can attach a straw of any length. With that being said, you don’t have to struggle to activate the product. Also, you can apply the grease on any part of the component with ease.
However, the real attraction of this product is nothing but that it can leave a longlasting coating that won’t fade away or melt easily. As a result, this grease will help to increase the lifespan of the component.
Alongside that, this grease leaves a thick layer on the surface, which eventually helps to lower the metal-to-metal contact.
As a result, the parts will move a lot easier and smoother than before. Not only this but also the noise that was created by the moving parts will fade away.
- Easy Application:The Liquid Wrench provides a nozzle with the bottle that comes in really helpful during the application.
- Long lasting Coating:This grease provides a very lasting coat that won’t fade away or melt easily. Eventually, this prevents rust and corrosion on the surface.
- Lubrication:It Ensures sufficient Lubrication of metal components so that they can move smoothly and easily.
- Long Drying Time:It takes a long time to dry than other greasy, which can turn into a messy situation.
This Grease is Good For
If you need lithium grease with a high-performance feature, then this is the one for you.
The Red N’ Tacky should be purchased because of its immersive flexibility. Many people are unaware that this wonderful grease can lubricate automobiles and enhance the mobility of other items such as replacement parts.
In the meantime, this evaluation is limited to one point. Because this is a lithium-based grease, you must have prior experience using it on RV bearings, truck bearings, and grease applicable joints. It won’t stand for great objectives to solve, just like polyurea grease.
With a falling point of 540 degrees F, Red N’Tacky will defeat other greases in a close race. That being said, there’s no question that this grease is capable of withstanding very high temperatures. In this case, the bearings and other equipment would benefit greatly from the situation.
Because of the protective layer produced by the oil, the Red N’Tacky performs much better in terms of waterproofness than other brands. It demonstrates relatively superior outcomes when working with bearings since it serves as a corrosion preventative measure.
- Extend Lifetime:It helps to extend the life of mechanical stability by increasing its durability.
- Corrosion Resistance:This red lithium complex grease is used in equipment as a weighting agent. It also performs well as a corrosion and oxidation inhibitor, among other things.
- No Soap Hardener:This grease doesn’t contain any metal soap thickeners.
This Grease is Good For
For people who seek a grease that withstands high temperature, we suggest they buy a Craftsman dual compressor.
Here comes the next product, Mobil Delvac Xtreme Grease, if you’re only searching for a product with extremely high-temperature resistance.
It has an NLGI 2 rating and is made using a high-temperature lithium complex thickening technique that is unique. It has great resistance to softening even when subjected to prolonged use, and it has outstanding adhesion and cohesiveness.
Not to mention again that this is a premium quality product because here, extreme-pressure additives are used in conjunction with other additives to provide the best overall protection.
Due to this, the extreme pressure additives offer excellent protection against wear and shock loads, while other additions improve resistance to high-temperature oxidation and rust protection.
Another feature of this product that adds a point to its quality is its nature to be resistant to water and high temperature as well. However, This extreme-service grease is compatible with standard seal materials and has excellent structural and chemical stability.
Consequently, it is highly recommended for use in the construction and mining industries, especially for the Lubrication of plain- and antifriction-bearing assemblies in contractor and mining vehicles operating in harsh operating and climatic environments.
Even in industrial bearing, the Mobil Delvac grease can be beneficial in so many ways. But make sure you perform the application in temperatures between -20°C and +175°C
- Heavy-Duty:Mobil Delvac Xtreme Grease provides, it’s suggested for use in heavy-duty vehicles, particularly in hinge and bucket pins, U-joints, and fifth wheels, among other components.
- Protective Properties:It has protective properties against severe pressure and wears. Also,it has the ability to maintain its shape under hot temperatures
- Less Maintenance Cost:As the product is very durable and resistant to hot and cold temperatures, it has very little maintenance and repairing cost.
- Packaging:Some customers said during the shipment; they found some leakage issues on the packaging.
This Grease is Good For
For some who want durable grease that needs less maintenance, we would recommend this one to them.
Valvoline has built a strong reputation in the DIY market for producing some of the finest auto maintenance products available for passenger cars. Automobile oils, transmission fluids, antifreeze, greases, and lubricants are among the company’s products.
With that being said, Valvoline multi-vehicle red grease is a specialty grease made for particular vehicles. This will aid in identifying the intended use of the grease.
You should avoid attempting to use a specialized grease for any purpose other than the one for which it was designed. Before using this grease, check with the manufacturer to ensure it’s suitable for the purpose you want it to serve.
It possesses lubricating characteristics that are effective at temperatures ranging from 0 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. The recipe contains “moly” (a kind of mineral used in lubricants), which improves the lubricating capabilities of the product.
This grease is also a general-purpose grease. In addition to wheel bearings and used on suspensions, chassis, ball joints, tie rods, steering linkages, and universal joints, to name a few application areas. The grease is simple to put in a grease gun and use it.
On the downside, because of the presence of moly in the recipe, the grease may stain clothing, roads, workbenches, and other surfaces more readily. Additionally, the product may be damaged upon arrival.
- Heavy-Duty:According to the manufacturer, this grease is remarkably suggested for Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars.
- General-purpose Grease:The grease can be used on wheel bearings and on suspensions, chassis, ball joints, tie rods, steering linkages, and universal joints, to name a few application areas.
- Leave Stain:It has moly in the formula, so if it comes with contact with cloth, road it’ll leave stain no matter what.
This Grease is Good For
Valvoline Red Grease is just perfect for heavy-duty and general purposes.
Here comes the following product on our list, which needs significantly less time than others to grease the metal surface. The product we’re talking about is Schaeffer’s 229 Ultra Red Supreme Moly Grease. It should be used in situations when clean grease is required.
This grease offers robust, longlasting protection that outlasts ordinary greases by a significant margin. It is suggested for heavy-duty automobiles, construction equipment, mining equipment, agricultural equipment, and industrial machinery.
Ultra Red Supreme is available in a variety of colors. Synthesized molybdenum is used in conjunction with a unique solid lubricant in this process.
Also, this heavy-duty grease lasts longer than ordinary grease. So, if you’re looking for a heavy-duty grease for heavy-duty components or machinery, this is it. Apply this oil to your equipment for prolonged heavy-duty protection!
Ultra Red Supreme is not approved for use in passenger vehicle wheel bearings or electric motor bearings due to its greater cohesive and adhesive characteristics.
- Extremely Thick:It’s a para-synthetic, extremely sticky grease that contains an aluminum complex, 3 percent moly and 3 percent moly.
- High Viscosity:Ultra Red Supreme combines the best high viscosity index, highly hydro-finished, 100 percent paraffin base oils, and Polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic base fluids available.
- High Protection:As this grease leaves a thick layer on the surface eventually ensures high protection
- Packaging:During shipping, the package got damaged, which can lose a lot of customers.
Another heavy-duty grease for heavy-duty equipment is Wolf’s head red grease. To be exact, if you’re looking for a high-quality, multifunctional lithium complex grease for cars and trucks, then you’re at the right place.
Moreover, it’s an NLGI certified grade 2 product that greatly impacts your automobile if you use it regularly.
As this is a lithium grease,it’s regarded as an all-purpose lubricant because of its versatility. It may be used to lubricate metal on metal or metal on plastic contact surfaces.
This will aid in the reduction of friction and the promotion of smooth movement of components. It also serves as a rust inhibitor.
This is a heavy-duty lubricant that performs well in environments with high moisture and high heat. It’s suitable for your garage door, vehicle door hinges, metal springs, and any other application with moving metal components.
The Wolf’s Head Red Grease will begin working immediately to coat the components once it has been applied. This will result in a more fluid glide and a more fluid movement, and also will help to reduce the friction heat to a minimum.
Besides, this tool minimizes the maintenance and repetitive applications you have to do on your system.
- High Lubrication:It can be used to lubricate metal on metal or metal on plastic contact surfaces. It’ll aid in the reduction of friction and the promotion of smooth movement of components.
- Longevity:The characteristic of this lithium grease is that it lasts for a long time. This indicates that it’ll be effective for an extended length of time.
- Reduces Friction:As the product helps to lubricate the parts really well, this eventually reduces friction.
- Availability:This grease is out of stock at maximum time. So you have to keep patience and stay an eye on the official page and amazon frequently.
This Grease is Good For
We’d definitely recommend Wolf’s head red grease if you’re seeking a grease with high lubrication capability.
Mobilgrease XHP 222 is another lithium complex grease with a prolonged service life that may be used in a broad range of applications and under harsh operating circumstances.
Due to the use of cutting-edge, unique lithium complex manufacturing technology, this grease was created to surpass traditional products.
With good adhesion, structural stability, and resistance to water contamination, Mobilgrease XHP 222 grease is designed to function well at high temperatures while maintaining excellent adhesion, structural stability, and resistance to water contamination.
In addition to industrial and automotive applications, Mobilgrease XHP 222 grease is used in the construction and maritime industries and the construction and maritime industries.
Let’s remind you again that Mobilgrease XHP 222 Special is a lubricant that’s designed with molybdenum disulfide to increase lubrication film strength and protect key components in shock-loaded applications.
XHP 222 Special Mobilgrease outperforms the competition in agricultural applications, vehicle chassis lubrication, and universal joint Lubrication (particularly in truck shackle pins).
- Incredible Performance:It is an excellent option for a variety of working situations such as high temperature, water contamination, shock loading, and prolonged relubrication operations
- Enhance Lifespan:Also, it helps to prolong the life of grease and improve bearing protection in high-temperature situations, resulting in lower maintenance and replacement costs.
- Corrosion Resistance:Rust and corrosion are effectively prevented by the high degree of chemical stability and corrosion prevention properties.
- Availability:Availability:This grease is currently out of stock for an extended period. As a result, you must exercise patience and keep an eye on the official website and Amazon regularly.
This Grease is Good For
Mobil Grease XHP is suitable for those customers who want grease with less maintenance yet provides high performance.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Grease For Heavy Equipment
Finding suitable heavy equipment grease is quite a tough task. That is why it’s critical to search for variables that will best serve your interests. After that, let’s have a look at the variables that you should consider at all times.
Prior to everything else, you must evaluate the amount available. In general, if you intend to lubricate the components a couple of times, you should be ok with a heavy-duty grease that’s about 4 oz in size.
However, if you want to do the lubricating job on a regular basis, you should look for something with a capacity of about 10 oz. Make sure you can store it correctly as well. Otherwise, it’ll leak when attempting to preserve it for later use.
It’s essential to consider the container that the product is delivered in as well as the amount. Spray cans are truly rare to be found when looking for anything that is about 4 oz in size, so keep that in mind while shopping.
Those are likely to be packaged in a squeeze bottle. However, if you choose the bigger containers, you’ll almost certainly get the spray cans.
Spray cans, on the other hand, are more convenient to use. That, on the other hand, will be completely dependent on the nozzle. It’ll be challenging for you to move the nozzle if it isn’t flexible and not very simple to deal with.
Another advantage of excellent nozzles is that they allow you to attach standard straws, making it simpler to apply the grease accurately.
NLGI consistency numbers are a grease grading system that may have an impact on your purchasing choice as well. It assigns a grade to grease based on how hard or soft it is. Grease with an NLGI 2 grade is often found in wheel bearings.
Efficacy in Lubrication
The primary reason for purchasing one of these is to lubricate the moving components. In that respect, if you get anything with ordinary lubricating power, you won’t achieve a significant amount of effectiveness from it.
When taking all of this into consideration, you should look for high lubricating power. Our top picks are those that may decrease friction between components while also reducing metal-to-metal contact.
This refers to the grease’s capacity to withstand flow or fluidity when applied. It would help if you got grease that has the appropriate degree of viscosity for the purpose for which it is designed.
Most automotive applications need the use of a soft grease in order for it to lubricate and travel around the components readily. When measuring viscosity, the grease will fall between 0 and 6.
Time Required for Drying
Another factor to consider is the amount of time it takes for the formula to dry out completely. The shorter the drying period, the less time you’ll have to spend exposing the components to the air throughout the drying process.
In addition, the sooner it dries, the less time you’ll have to devote to doing similar tasks in the future.
However, even if the main purpose of these lubricants is to lubricate the moving components, obtaining some additional protection from them may help guarantee that the parts last for a longer period of time.
After considering all of this, we suggest that you choose products that may form a protective layer on the surface. That protective coating will be water-resistant, which will reduce the likelihood of rust and corrosion occurring.
In addition, those who make use of Teflon may produce a protective coating that will shield the product from normal wear and tear.
The Surface Coating
Upon drying, the majority of the grease will provide a non-stick surface layer. Some, on the other hand, will leave a sticky film on the surface of the water. They’ll likely collect dust and dirt and therefore impair the smoothness of the system.
As a result, before buying one of them, we strongly advise you to consider the nature of the coating.
Performance Under Pressure
Depending on how well the grease performs under pressure, you may predict how well it’ll work in certain situations. If too much pressure is exerted, the grease may shear or become too thin, which is dangerous.
This may occur under constant operating settings as well as under unexpected shock load circumstances. If you have a high-pressure application, look for a grease that will connect with the component’s metal surface.
What Kind of Grease for Heavy Equipment?
When it comes to maintaining the correct working of moving components, preserving them from corrosion, and ensuring heat dissipation, and minimizing wear on parts, grease is very helpful, if not essential.
The grease is very temperature resistant, making it ideal for lubricating high-stressed metal components (such as plates, bearings, etc.).
Although it is ideal for basic mechanisms such as furniture hinges, door hinges, locks, and other similar devices, it is also excellent for maintaining complex mechanisms such as hydraulic systems.
Now for heavy equipment, lithium grease is suitable. It’s an all-purpose lubricant,also referred to as a white lubricant. Lithium grease is great for keeping things lubricated.
It’ll assist in minimizing friction and encourage components to move smoothly. However, this also serves as a rust inhibitor.
In humid and hot environments, this is an excellent heavy-duty lubricant. This adhesive may be used on a variety of metal surfaces, including garage doors, vehicle door hinges, metal springs, and many other moving metal components.
How to Grease Heavy Equipment?
Applying grease to heavy equipment is very easy. However, you can follow the step given below.
- Clean greasy fitting with a soft cloth.
- Before putting on grease, clean the bearing thoroughly if it’s filthy or damp.
- Grease the bearing with the prescribed product until fresh grease emerges on both ends.
- To keep impurities out, use oil collars on both ends of the bearing.
One more thing applying grease is not a one-time matter. The manufacturer suggests applying grease daily, but you should reapply grease every eight hours if that’s not possible.
However, some lubrication locations have differing lubrication intervals; therefore,you must be consulted with manufacturers. Don’t forget to lubricate all of the machine’s lubrication points.
What is the danger of lithium grease?
Is it possible to use lithium grease on rubber seals?
Does lithium grease have electrically conductive properties?
Do I need to grease new wheel bearings?
Sealed bearings are never lubricated and are only changed when they begin to show signs of wear. Only oil the bearings on cars with unsealed locks or hub units, not the rest of the vehicle.
Does lithium grease help to prevent rust?
Depending upon the smoothness of the moving components of your automobile, you should have a lubricant in your toolbox at all times. In that case, the lubricants we mention of the best heavy equipment greaseare worth trying.
They won’t let you down with the lubricating performance that they’re going to provide you with. As a result, you should feel free to purchase any of them without any hesitation.